Help wanted

Hablamos de autos...
babelhoo
Modelo: Sport MT
Color: Blanco Perla (Perlado)

Re: Help wanted

Mensaje por babelhoo »

Hi! Iapel pistons are actually made here in Argentina, how these got there?! :P
I have no personal experience, but based on others, these are good quality and quite used for what you have in mind for them.

happy new year!

Gasket
Opcionales: ...

Mensaje por Gasket »

I actually knew, that those are made on Argentina. I don't know either how those got here. What I know is that those most likely are cheaper than the traditional manufacturers, but hard to buy since they don't have a sales network here and apparently they don't reply to email etc. But I guess someone has managed to buy a set.

I think I'll have to figure out if those use special ring dimensions or something other unpleasant. Since most likely factory support is pretty much zero for those.

babelhoo
Modelo: Sport MT
Color: Blanco Perla (Perlado)

Mensaje por babelhoo »

Checking their site: http://www.iapel.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They are closed till Jan 15, which confirm they are a small operation and why they don't reply.

Gasket
Opcionales: ...

Mensaje por Gasket »

But the situation has been like that for years. I know of many inquieries sent, but very few have gotten a reply of any kind.

As for next summer, I got an intake manifold for dual DHLA's and a friend of mine is willing to loan me the carbs. He has a pair that has been waiting for the car to get built, but that has been like that for maybe closer to 10 years, and most likely it'll be at least another five years or so.. Its a KE70 Toyota he is building, but even the engine is yet undicided. He has a 2T, but that is old and heavy. 4A-GE is popular, but expensive. 4A-FE would be plentifull and cheap. On the other hand why not some 3S. But that is a whole different story.

Responder